1. Hello PotPro's,
    2L Bottle Grow Comp is heating up! Come watch the grass grow!! 2L Soda Bottle COMP
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All New Live Introductions will now get their own badge! The Journey Begins HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey there PotPro's!
    I am close to being done with the work I am doing to PPN. Things should be getting back to normal. Attachments are still being worked on, and other odd bits.
    Thanks for your patience. NG
    Dismiss Notice

Surffreak Vs. 912GreenSkell Dutch Passion's Passion #1 Outdoor

Discussion in 'Pot Pro's Fight Night: Head-to-Head Competitions' started by 912GreenSkell, Apr 1, 2016.

1. surffreak

surffreak H.T. Care Bear Staff Member High Team Pot Pro's High Team

Albums:
    Well I'm back again, sorry it's been so long...
    Passion is getting close to done, maybe 2 more weeks maximum. As of now the plants are down to 3.5 hours of direct sunlight a day, I realized, after actually paying attention, that most they ever get is around 5 hours on the longest days of summer... :dammit: need to find more of a full sun outdoor location that's as safe as my parents house.
    Came back after a 10 day absence and found a bit of yellowing, so I gave a good shot of nectar for the gods nutes and might give them one more feeding before I let them fade completely.
    20160914_155712.jpg
    Colas are starting to fill in.
    20160914_161400.jpg

20160914_161408.jpg
    One of the 4 main tips
    20160914_161424.jpg
    This is the area that just never stretch he'd with the rest of the plant, was worried it wasn't going to do much at all but they are starting to fill in, small as they are...
    20160914_161430.jpg
    Good to be back on a thread, gonna go update the duck, but first I need to post a pic of the Qrazy Russian since it has no home thread of its own. ..

This plant only gets about 1.5 hours of direct light, as its under a tree and only gets the lower angles, but this spot did well last year just the same. The screen is 4x6 feet.
    20160914_161208.jpg
    Doesn't look very far along as it started to flower around the 18th of august, but once they get about halfway through flower they bulk up quickly and should be done by the end of the first week of October.
    20160914_161221.jpg

20160914_161229.jpg

Thanks all for checking it out, hope you are all well!

2. 912GreenSkell

912GreenSkell Outdoors of the north Staff Member High Team Pot Pro's High Team

Damn buddy, 5 hours at best is indeed rough. My passion gets 8 and tapers down to 6 close to preflower(huge trees on southern side), but I am still happy with production and certainly quality considering. I would say we will be harvesting fairly close to each other! How is your smell coming in? Can you describe? The main buds look great buddy, excellent work growing her out.
    1.5 hours of sun for the russian??!! That's phenomenal man!! I guess the buds will be very loose?

OKay here we go with my passion at day 171. Doing great, but I was hoping for buds a little bigger than she is putting out. Hopefully the last few weeks she explodes!!
    IMG_4163.JPG

Closeup of a couple of nugs:
    IMG_4164.JPG

IMG_4165.JPG

kkeniff, purplestuff and dankstyle J like this.
  3. 912GreenSkell

@surffreak - Hey bud. I hope you and your plants are doing well. (and everyone else of course!)
    I am on the last legs of the passion and chop n' harvest day is on Friday. One more lush tomorrow and its done. We got a good solid day of rain yesterday and my passion is flopping all over the place! Lots of nice buds on it, but they are small buds. Still, they smell amazing and look great.
    IMG_4221.JPG

Here is a pic of tops of one of 8 man branches. Each branch split into 5-8 tops just before preflower.
    IMG_4222.JPG

Judging from the crystal and smell, passion is going to be a nice smoke. Nice to see no mold at all on this plant.
    IMG_4223.JPG

Northern Grower and purplestuff like this.
  4. purplestuff

purplestuff who dont like purple??? in da cut on indica!!!

looking real good.... you ready to trim???/

912GreenSkell likes this.
  5. 912GreenSkell

Thanks bud...sure am ready!! Getting on final pics tomorrow and we are getting this show on the road. On plant after another, after another this year!! One down(Frisian dew), 7 to go!

purplestuff likes this.
  6. Northern Grower

Northern Grower OGwanKushObie Staff Member Site Admin Pot Pro's High Team Auto Warriors

Media:
    Albums:
    Nice thread guys. Those buds look pretty tight skell. Maybe the yield will surprise you yet.

7. 912GreenSkell

@Northern Grower - Hey thanks for stopping by man!

Day 182 - Alrighty then! Passion #1 has been cut on my end! Final pics, other than dry bud pics! Looks and smells great. Trimmed for 9 hours straight...another 7-8 to go and done.

Got the best full plant pic I could, but It was a cloudy day today, and they were threatening rain, so I went hasty on it. Shaking branches with the Orange Hill Special on the right side of the 4 foot tall fence.
    IMG_4230.JPG

My favorite pic...all the bud in the pic is from the passion #1. Beautiful!
    IMG_4232.JPG

Pic showing one of 8 main branch tips. Left a regular sized bic lighter in the pic for scale on the top of the stump.
    IMG_4231.JPG

One of many buds, I figure there is around 60 buds like this one:
    IMG_4233.JPG

Close up she sure is nice looking! Going to be high test, I'd be thinking!
    IMG_4236.JPG

And another bud up close. There was ALOT of smaller underformed loose buds that ended up in the hash pile from this plant...I have a feeling this plants hash will be top taste and quality. The resin has a fairly rare gooey quality. Scissor hash builds up fairly quickly, but doesn't lock the scissors up.
    IMG_4238.JPG

A better than average trimmed bud
    IMG_4244.JPG

Awesome...I haven't ripped a tester joint of this bud yet. Update upon testing of course!! Damn....with the flash you can see the gooey resin! :D
    IMG_4245.JPG

boostxxx, hecno and purplestuff like this.
  8. surffreak

surffreak H.T. Care Bear Staff Member High Team Pot Pro's High Team

Albums:
    Hey there bud, sorry I've been mia, had a bunch of stuff going on but I just wanted to pop in and say that you definitely won this one sir, good show! I am having issues finding my memory card after switching phones and that's where my last pics are. Gonna have to do a make up post when I find it...

9. 912GreenSkell

Hey...great to hear from you bud! No worries at all man. Hope everything is going okay! Look forward to seeing your final pics!

surffreak likes this.
  10. hecno

hecno Worm Hunter .

Guys , ya plants look great :thumbsup: and @surffreak I love how you train your plants , I have the perfect spot to do it next year .

912GreenSkell and boostxxx like this.