1. Hello PotPro's,
    2L Bottle Grow Comp is heating up! Come watch the grass grow!! 2L Soda Bottle COMP
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All New Live Introductions will now get their own badge! The Journey Begins HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey there PotPro's!
    I am close to being done with the work I am doing to PPN. Things should be getting back to normal. Attachments are still being worked on, and other odd bits.
    Thanks for your patience. NG
    Dismiss Notice

Any reason not to re-veg a lanky plant?

Discussion in 'Pot Pro's Live High Team Help and Infirmary' started by Ozone69, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Ozone69

Ozone69 Wheeeeeeee

Bit of history, I planted a couple seeds of the Ghost Of LeeRoy strain I've got in the tent to "ride along" with the 2L bottle comp plant. I've had horrible luck with this strain giving me all males so far. In fact, I had to pull, cut, and toss one of them this morning when it's pollen sacs started showing.

Anyhow...I think I saw the faint start of some pistils on the remaining plant. Need to give it a day or two to say for sure, but enough to be hopeful. This particular plant got stretchy when it first sprouted, and I damaged it a little when tying it to a little support stick. It's recovered, but coupled with the short (18) day veg period in the tent for the 2L plant and with the bad luck I've had (if this is female it'll be the first out of 5 that sprouted, and one that failed to germ) with getting females on this pack of seeds I was thinking it could be a good opportunity to try cloning. So I'm thinking when I can verify the sex, if it's female I might move it into the auto closet with the 18/6 light cycle and let it re-veg and try turning it into a mother plant.

My question is...are there any compelling reasons NOT to try this with the tall, lanky condition of the plant from it's issues early on? I've heard that re-veging can yield short bushy mothers, so maybe that'll "balance out" the tall lanky nature. LOL

Thoughts?

IMG_2005.JPG

Tags:
    dankstyle J and boostxxx like this.
  2. boostxxx

boostxxx Welcome to the CannaZone

Really does suck about all the male's man, however, at this point, why not? Did you already give it a go? What was the end decision?

I'm all about experiments if I'm good on meds, so I would have put it back to 18/6 ! (I do 24 myself)

dankstyle J likes this.
  3. Ozone69

Ozone69 Wheeeeeeee

Yea, I've decided to give it a go. She wasn't positioned to do well with the stunted start and short veg in the photo tent, so no reason not to try it out. Tossed it in yesterday inbetween the two Berry Bomb Auto's that I guestimate to be about 3 weeks out from finishing up. Hooked it up this morning to the Blumat's I have setup in the closet to handle the watering.

DSCN8108.JPG

dankstyle J and boostxxx like this.
  4. boostxxx

boostxxx Welcome to the CannaZone

Very well, if possible keep us up to date on the progress, and good luck! Good call on the re-veg :)!

dankstyle J likes this.